Table of Contents
When ordering a report/assessment, you must first determine whether it is for an existing job title or a new job title.
The instructions below are for ordering a report/assessment for a new job title.
See the article Ordering a Report for an Existing Job Title for instructions on ordering a report for an existing job title.
Ordering Reports/Assessments for New Job Titles
To order a report/assessment for a new job title, whether for an individual who has previously completed the Caliper Profile or for a new assessee:
Sign into the Caliper Portal. The Dashboard will appear.
- Click Order a Report/Assessment in the upper left of the Dashboard (or the upper right of the View Reports screen). The Order Reports/Assessments screen will appear.
Creating a New Job Title
Suppose, for example, that you are ordering a report/assessment for the role of Content Specialist - Writer.
- Enter a portion of the job title in the Job Title field to see whether it exists or not. If it doesn't, the message No match found will display.
If entering the job title causes it to appear in the drop-down, then it already exists in the system.
If this is the case, select the job title from the drop-down and continue with the article Ordering a Report for an Existing Job Title.
- Click New to the right of the Job Title field. The New Job Title dialog appears.
- Enter your new Job Title in the Job Title field.
- Provide a comprehensive job description in the Description field. The information in the Descriptionfield will help Caliper's Account Advisors and Account Managers to determine the best-fit Job Model for your new position.
- Indicate, to the best of your knowledge, the job's primary responsibilities and the heading under which you would place it—for example, Sales, Management, Service, Technical, or Other.
- It would also be helpful to know if this role has a supervisory component.
- Click Save. The Job Title successfully created screen should appear.
- Click OK. The Order Reports/Assessments screen reappears with the new job title in the Job Title field.
The Portal will not save and proceed unless the job title is unique to your business and you have written an accompanying description. If you enter a duplicate job title, the system will display a warning in red that the job title already exists.
Job titles do not come “pre-loaded” in the Portal, but be aware that sample Job Titles may have created for demo or training purposes. If the Job Title you are attempting to create already exists, the process will be halted when you click Save, and this message appears:
You can always return to an existing job title's description and update it. To do so:
- Click Settings on any screen that displays the Toolbar Menu.
- Click the Job Titles tab
- Click the caret to the left of the desired job title, and select Update description.
In order to do this, you will require permission to Manage Job Titles.
Selecting the Assessee(s)
At this point, you need to determine whether you are requesting a report for an existing or a new assessee. The procedure for each is different.
Determining Whether the Assessee is In Our Database
At this point, you need to determine whether you are requesting a report for an existing or a new assessee.
You can now order a report for more than one person at a time, in one of two ways. You can either:
- Enter the names one at a time in the Assessees field, following the steps below for each individual name, or
- Import a .csv file with the names listed. See the article Creating/Importing an Assessee .CSV File for details on this process.
See the article Ordering Reports for Existing and/or New Assessees for full details.
When establishing a new Job Title, under Select Reports, you will only see the option to “Let Caliper decide,” which is our recommended best practice. With Let Caliper decide, a Caliper Account Advisor will review your job title and description, and determine the best report option for this specific role. Next time you select this job title, you will be able to order a report right away.
Administering a Proctored Assessment
To give a supervised assessment, select the Proctored Assessment checkbox.
See the article Administering Proctored Assessments for more information regarding giving a supervised assessment.
Placing the Order
To place the order, perform the following:
- Make certain all required fields on the Order Reports screen are filled in.
- Since this is a new Job Title, select only the Let Caliper decide checkbox under Select Reports.
- Click Place Order. The Report/Assessment Successfully Ordered dialog appears, allowing you to review everything that you have entered.
The e-mail link received by a remote assessee will expire after 90 days. When the assessee registers, he or she is informed when the assessment will expire.
- Scroll to the bottom, and click OK. You will return to the Reports screen. From there, scan your recent reports for the assessee in question, or search—in the appropriate field—by job title or the assessee’s name. Ensure that the Show Pending Assessments box is checked, as shown below, to see the assessments that have not yet been completed.