Table of Contents
If you're a Caliper Client Portal site administrator, you will have the capacity to create new users and manage their Portal and Analytics access levels.
To become a site administrator, you will need to contact your Caliper Account Team or Caliper Customer Service to make the request. After your request has been approved/verified by a Team member, site administrator rights will be given to you by a Caliper employee.
To create a new Portal user, perform the following steps:
- Click Settings from the Toolbar Menu on the Dashboard. The Settings screen displays, with the Tags tab forward.
- Click the Users tab. The Users screen appears.
- Click New User in the upper left corner. The New User dialog appears.
- Fill out the required fields.
- Click Save. A message confirming the creation of a new user displays in the upper left.
Managing Users' Access
To manage users' access, perform the following steps:
- Clicking Settings from any page in the Portal. The Settings page will appear, with these tabs:
Editing Access Options
To add or change the menu of access options, you will need to contact your Caliper Account Team or Caliper Customer Service to request that capability.
To edit a user's Portal access, perform the following steps:
- Click the caret to the left of the user whose Portal access you wish to edit. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Select Edit access options. That user's Access Options window will open. Please note that each organization will have a unique menu of options.
Disabling a User's Portal Access
In this user's Access Options screen, the Enable Caliper Portal checkbox is selected, meaning she has access to the Portal.
We want to disable this access. To do this:
- Deselect the Enable Caliper Portal checkbox.
- Click Save.
Changing Security Permissions
Administrators can also change a user's security permissions from the Access Options window by selecting and deselecting the various checkboxes as necessary. For example, Administrators can enable a user to see all reports for the company or place orders for new reports.
Resetting a User's Portal Password
To reset a user's password, perform the following:
- From the Users tab in Settings, click the caret to the left of the user whose password needs to be reset. A drop-down menu displays.
- Select Reset Password. That user's Reset Password dialog will appear.
- Enter the new password in the New Password field, and re-enter the new password in the Confirm New Password field.
You can manually enter a password, or you can have the system generate a password, by clicking Auto-generate Password. The closer the password comes to being unique, the stronger it becomes, as depicted above
- Click Reset Password.