You can order reports for many assessees at once by creating and importing a .csv file with the assessees' First names, Last names, and Email addresses.
This is particularly useful if you have other software that can use the data in this format.
Creating an Assessee .CSV File
Before you can import a .csv file of assessees, you have to create that .csv file in a way that is suitable for import into the Caliper Portal.
The .csv file that you create must adhere to the following structure: a three-column CSV file, using columns A, B, and C, containing (respectively) the assessees' first names, last names, and email addresses, with no header row.
Otherwise, the import will not be successful.
To create a .csv file for import, perform these steps:
- Open Microsoft Excel (or similar spreadsheet software) and create a new file.
- Enter your assessees' information as shown above:
- Enter the First Name in Column A.
- Enter the Last Name in Column B.
- Enter the Email Address in Column C.
- Select File > Save As.
- Enter a relevant file name. From the Save as type: drop-down, select CSV (Comma delimited) on a PC or Comma Separated Values (.csv) on a Mac, and Save the file to your computer. We have saved our sample file as Assessee List.csv.
Importing an Assessee .CSV File
Now you can import the .csv file that you have created. This way, you can quickly order reports for multiple assessees at one time. To do this:
- Click Order a Report/Assessment. The Order Reports/Assessments screen appears.
- Click Import. The Import Assessees screen appears.
- Click on the Select File field. You will be prompted to select a .csv file.
- Navigate to the .csv file you saved, select it, and click Open. The Import Assessees dialog now shows the name of your .csv file as the value in the Select File field.
- Change the language, if necessary:
- Click the caret at the right of the language field (the default is English - US). A list of languages will drop down.
- Select the language you want from the list. You may need to scroll the list, which is alphabetical first by Language, then by Country.
- Fill in any other fields if you wish. These are optional.
- Click Import. The Order Reports/Assessments screen reappears, with the names listed in your .csv file populating the Assessees field.