Table of Contents
- Creating and Using Order Templates
- Accessing the Order Templates
Creating a New Order Template
- Saving the Order Template
- Accessing the Order Templates
Creating and Using Order Templates
An Order Template is a specialized order that you can create. It facilitates the sending of an assessment link using the same set of parameters to multiple candidates.
Accessing the Order Templates
- Click Settings from the Toolbar Menu in the upper right. The Settings tabs will appear, defaulting to Tags.
- Click Order Templates. The Order Templates tab opens. If there are any Order Templates, they will display here. We have no order templates created yet, so we will create one.
Creating a New Order Template
You can create Order Templates according to your needs. Here's how.
- Click New Order Template in the upper left of the Order Templates tab to create a new order template.
If you use the Client Portal for two or more companies, you will first be prompted to select which company you want to use.
If, on the other hand, you only request assessments and/or reports for a single company, this dialog will not appear, and your Order Template will default to your company.
The Order Template screen displays.
- Fill out the required and desired fields on the Order Template.
Order Template Name Field
Give your Order Template a name that you will recognize.
- Enter the name of the Order Template in the Order Template Name field.
Expiration Date Field
Use the Expiration Date field to set up an Order Template where candidates can only successfully take the assessment during a limited period of time. If you do not want the Order Template to expire, then do not set an Expiration Date. The Expiration Date is not mandatory; use it only if you think it will be useful.
To set an Expiration Date, do the following:
- Click the field to the right of Expiration Date, which defaults to read "Select Date." A calendar will open up.
- Select a date and time, and click Apply. The calendar closes, and the date and time you chose replace the words "Select Date."
If you ever want to clear the Expiration Date, click the "x" to the right of the field.
Maximum Uses Field
You may want to set the maximum number of assessments that may be taken using this order template.
The Maximum Uses field limits the total number of assessments. Use this field to set up an Order Template with a maximum number of assessments that it will accept. The Maximum Uses field is not mandatory; use it only if you think it will be useful.
Maximum Uses can be used in a number of ways. Some examples:
- Let's say the Maximum Uses field is set at 20 and the Order Template link is then sent to 300 candidates. In this case, only the first 20 will be accepted, and for the remaining 280 link recipients, the link will not work. Further, that Order Template cannot be used again.
- Or, let's say Maximum Uses is set at 500, but only 50 links are sent out and all 50 assessments are taken. Then that Order Template's has a remaining Maximum Uses value of 450 and can be sent out until Maximum Uses has a value of 0.
Job Title Field
Now you need to choose a Job Title for your Order Template.
- Begin typing in the field to the right of Job Title. A drop-down list of Job Titles with matching text appears.
- Select the Job Title that you want, if you see it. Otherwise, continue to create a new Job Title.If you don't see the Job Title you want in the drop-down (here we are looking for Executive Administrative Assistant), you will have to create it.
Click the "x" to the right of a Job Title to delete it from your Order Template if you have selected it from the drop-down by mistake.
Creating a New Job Title
- Click New to the right of the Job Title field. The New Job Title dialog displays.
- Enter your Job Title in the first field (that defaults to "Job Title").
- Enter your Description in the second field (that defaults to "Description").
- Click Save. The New Job Title dialog closes and the Job Title...Successfully Created dialog displays.
- Click OK. The Order Template will display with your Job Title in it.
Depending on the Job Title you choose or create, various reports will be available to you.
You might have two available reports, or five. It will vary.
The one selection that will always be present is Let Caliper decide. If you are uncertain, select this and Caliper, based on your other parameters, will determine which report or reports is best for this Order Template.
Select Language Field
The Select Language field is where you will determine the language in which the assessment is given. Select Language defaults to the language selected for your Caliper Portal, but you can change this.
- Click the Select Language field and select the desired language from the drop-down.
- Selecting an assessment language will affect all assessments sent out with the same order template.
- The resulting report language is determined by the language that is associated with the report selected from the Select Reports section. It is not always US English.
The P.O. Number, Cost Center, and Message to Caliper Consultant about this order fields appear beneath the Select Language field.
Often, these fields remain optional and may be used at your discretion.
- Enter an optional Purchase Order Number in the P.O. Number field.
- Enter an optional department to which costs can be allocated in the Cost Center field.
The P.O. Number and/or the Cost Center, if designated, will appear on the invoice.
- If you wish to convey a message to the Caliper Consultant about the orders generated using this Order Template, enter it in the free-text Message to Caliper Consultant about this order field.
These fields aren’t always optional; Caliper receives requests to make the P.O. Number field and/or the Cost Center field required. Customers also have the option for company-specific fields to be added—any of which could also be required. If a field is required it will be preceded by a red asterisk:
Primary Contact Field
By default, your name, as the user, will appear as the Primary Contact. However, you can change this.
- Click the x to the right of the name in the Primary Contact field to delete it.
- Begin typing a contact's name in the blank Primary Contact field. Contact's names with matching text will appear in a drop-down list.
- Select the contact you want if you see it in the list. The name will now appear as the Primary Contact.
Creating a New Contact
If you don't see the contact, you'll have to create a new contact.
- Click New to the right of the Primary Contact field.The New Contact dialog displays.
- Fill out all fields and click Save. The dialog closes, and the newly created contact is now the Primary Contact of the Order Template.
By default, no Tags are assigned to the Order Template.
- Click Edit to the right of Tags. The Tag All dialog displays. There you can select existing tags or create new tags for the Order Template.
The first way you can assign a Tag is from the Filter by Tag field in the Select Tags: section.
- Click the Filter by Tag field under Select tags. A drop-down list of any already created tags will display, of which you can select one or more.
Create New Tag
If the tag you need does not appear in the drop-down list, you can create it.
- Enter a unique, relevant tag name in the Name field under Create a new tag.
The Name field is required when creating a new tag.
- Enter an optional description of the new tag in the Description field.
Tags applied to an Order Template will affect all assessees responding to that Order Template.
Newly Created Tags can be combined with existing Tags that have been selected from the drop-down list.
See the article Tags for more information.
- Click Save to attach the Tag(s) you have selected or created to the Order Template. Your selected or new Tag(s) will appear on the Order Template dialog.
Saving the Order Template
When you have all the fields set the way you want, you will want to save the template so that you can reuse it later.
- Click Save Order Template. The Order Template screen closes and the Order Templates tab displays, showing your new Order Template. Included are the Order Template's Expiration Date, the Maximum Uses, and the number of Uses to date.
Additionally, a message—Order template saved—appears in the upper left corner.
Sending Out Assessments with the Order Template
Now you can send a mass email out to specific candidates containing a URL that will direct them to an assessment which is tied to the parameters of your Order Template.
- Click the Actions caret to the left of the Order Template that you just created. A drop-down list displays.
- Select Copy URL from the drop-down list. A message indicating that the template URL is copied displays.
- You can now paste this URL into the email that you are sending to your potential assessees.
When these candidates open their email and click on the link, they will be taking the assessment according to the parameters of the QA Exec Admin Order Template.